Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Happiest Day of my Life

The happiest day of my life was May 12, 2012. The day Michael and I were married.

Part of the grieving process is going through a "denial" stage. Today I am having a "denial day".  One of the books I am reading is called, "Through a Season of Grief." It states:

"Denial is a natural reaction to one of life's most painful events. Your body uses denial as a protective device, be it consciously or subconsciously, to avoid facing reality."

I found it to be completely accurate in the next paragraph, "The clock will mean nothing anymore," say Rev. John Coulombe. "Barely the calendar. People won't know what day it is, yet their senses are more keenly aware than ever before. It's like a dream that is happening, and they can't get out of it. Everything is in slow motion. But this is normal; this is a response to death."


So today, I'm in denial that Michael has died, because I don't want him to be gone. I want him here. I don't want to be forced to believe the cold hard truth that my life has now become.

Instead I am sharing pictures from the happiest day of my life.












 My dad sang "I cross my heart" by George Strait for our first dance. When we dated the first time, one of our favorite movies was Pure Country. So my dad learned the song, and sang it for us.





 The most handsome man I have ever laid eyes on.



No comments:

Post a Comment